Writers on Wednesday: Juliet M. Sampson

Welcome to another Writers on Wednesday post. This week, I am chatting with the very lovely Juliet M. Sampson, author of Bon Voyage ...





Tell me a bit about yourself …

I love life and try to embrace every day and make the most of living. I love the simple things like coffee with friends, spending time with my family, caring for sunflowers, walks on the beach, dancing and movies just to name a few. I love being a writer and also travelling to new places.

Tell us about your most recently published book?

My most recently published book is Bon Voyage! It was released in November 2013 nearly a year ago. As I have travelled to many countries around the world, I was inspired to write Bon Voyage! The story is about a young woman who is travelling for the first time around Europe on a coach tour. The themes in Bon Voyage! are adventure, mystery and romance.

Tell us about the first time you were published?

Behind the Mask was my first book. It is a woman’s survival story and was written with a specific purpose. When I received my advance copy of Behind the Mask I was so excited. I loved the cover and could not stop flipping through the pages. It was a dream come true. 

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

At the age of 33, I am proud to say I have already published two novels and I am getting close to completing the third one.  I feel it is also a great achievement knowing that people in other countries such as India, Cambodia and Malta just to name a few, have read my novels and enjoyed them.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

I always have many writing projects that I am working on. Currently I am working on my third novel that is in the editing stages. I am also working on two picture books, a junior novel and an inspiration book. I love to keep busy.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

I prefer Paper Books as my other profession is a teacher. I love to hold a book and read it to the students. For me, there is nothing more special than sitting next to a child and hearing them read and turning the pages of a book. I also have fond memories from my childhood of my mother reading to me and taking me to storytime at the library. I also love picture books.

Indie Publishing, or Traditional Publishing?

Traditional Publishing.

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

This is a very hard question as different books suit different people. Books are written for different reasons for example to escape, to entertain or to inform just to name a few. As I have get older I prefer books that have messages that share life lessons.

The Four Agreements was a book recommended to me. I found it very interesting as there are four agreements being Be Impeccable with Your Word, Don’t Take Anything Personally, Don’t Make Assumptions and Always Do Your Best. I have now recommended it to a friend and she really likes it to the point that she carries it around with her in her bag.

What I am saying is we don’t always have to read a fantasy story. I do like using my imagination but I feel there also is a strong need for books that give guidance.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

To all my readers I just want to say a BIG thank you for taking the time to read and review my books. Also for being supportive of me being a new author and for giving me a chance to share with you what I love doing. Happy reading.

Thank you so much Kathryn for giving me this opportunity. I really appreciate it.

Links

Author’s Website:
http://www.julietmsampson.com

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Juliet-M-Sampson/258929854117897

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5761473.Juliet_M_Sampson?from_search=true

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/JulietMSampson

To purchase Behind the Mask and or Bon Voyage! visit:

Panmacmillan
Amazon
Book depository
Juliet’s website

Bookshops

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself