1990s Nostalgia: Shuz by Murray P. Heasley

Shuz was a story about a multicultural group of kids who lived in Adelaide who were a bit obsessed with sneakers. They won an overseas trip to the factory where their favourite brand of shoes were made and while there managed to outwit a group of criminals. I remember this one mostly because of the local setting and because it was used as a class text in my year eight English class, under the watchful eye of our teacher, Miss Fitt. (Yes, that really was her name.)

When I started researching this one, I was not surprised to discover that Shuz has been out of print for some time. It would seem very dated and perhaps a bit irrelevant to kids today. What surprised me more was that no one else seems to have even heard of it. From what little biographical information I can find, it was published in 1993 by Omnibus books and the ISBN is 9781862911611. There is no entry on goodreads (I do not have librarian status on goodreads, so I cannot add it.) Nor can I find a picture of the book anywhere or a description. A google search brings up nine matches. 

If anyone knows where I can find out more details about this one, feel free to let me know in the comments section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself