Review: Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society is yet another of those books. You know the kind. It was bought at a secondhand store, taken home and placed on my to-read pile where it stayed and stayed and stayed, until one day, I picked it up and the entire novel was read in a couple of hours. Damn. I really need to stop doing that.

Heist Society was a fun page-turning read, detailing a few weeks in the life of a young art thief and her family and friends as they endeavoured to find and steal some artwork in order to clear her father's name. The writing is was upbeat and humorous, though in my opinion, many characters from the large supporting cast seemed quite undeveloped. 

The novel comes across as quite young for a YA novel (read: no sex, no swearing, no violence,) and offers little to challenge readers. Still the art references are interesting and the heist itself is quite entertaining. 

Comments

Hihi, that's how I was with my copy of Heist Society too. :)
Kathryn White said…
Lol, must be that kind of a book.

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself